Thursday, February 18, 2010

5 Times A Day

On our flight from Sri Lanka I sat next to two Islamic women who wore the full length Burquas.  They even wore the veil so that nothing except their eyes could be seen.  I have always been so curious about what life is like for women like these.  I think it was a special treat God set up for me to be able to sit and learn from these two young women. 

One girl was 18 and the other was 20. They both had received an academic education up to 6th grade and then attended an Islamic school focusing solely on the Islamic faith.  They now teach "religion" to young girls K-4th grade in Sri Lanka.  They agreed to be my teacher.  I thought it was such a cool "set up".  We exchanged emails and they  have already emailed me.  I was an am able to ask ANYTHING I wanted.  I was surprised...so surprised when I asked the girls what they thought about Christianity and about Jesus.  Their response: "We don't really know ANYTHING about it/Him."  I am looking forward to "learning" more...and sharing more in the future.  . 

What if God reached their hearts?  What could happen if God reaches the hearts of these teachers...these who carry influence over a generation?  I LOVE how much God cares for His creation...how his heart aches and groans for them to know Him.  He is looking for opportunities to move on their behalf...as much as on our own behalf.

5 Times a Day...
I forget, until we travel into these Islamic regions, about the "Call to Prayer". Faithfully 5 times a day, we hear the Mosques on the loud speaker, the singing, the chanting, the REMINDER, the CALL. 

I think of Daniel...His faithfulness to cry out to God 3 times a day.  No one reminded Him. 

What if...
   ....we prayed  faithfully, purposefully multiple times in a day?
   ...our prayers were without ceasing?
   ...we realized how POWERFUL and how EFFECTIVE our prayers were?
...PRAYERS BIRTHED OUT A LIFE OF INTIMACY AND LOVE WITH OUR LOVING, TRUE GOD?

When the call to prayer goes off at 4:00 a.m. every morning, I can feel a shift in the spiritual atmosphere.  I can picture a "swirling" of sounds and activity in the spirit realm.  We don't realize how powerful these moments are....Devout Muslims  everywhere crying out with sincerity and trueness in their hearts I am sure.  If only they knew the True God...their Creator loves them...

Our prayers swirl like incense before our King...
   ...Our prayers move His heart
     .....Our prayers change history.

Hmmmm? Perhaps there is a challenge here for all of us....
    Our voice...
      ....our intercession
          ....swirling up to His Throne Room
              .....SHIFTING spiritual atmospheres.
...NOT BECAUSE WE HAVE TO
...NOT BECAUSE WE SHOULD
...RATHER BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOVE WITH KING WHO LONGS TO HEAR US...LONGS TO MEET WITH US...AND LONGS TO MOVE ON THIS EARTH ON OUR BEHALF. 

How many Muslims would come to Him if we prayed?

2 comments:

Evelyn Fields said...

Very inspiring! I'm praying for you guys & thanks for keeping us updated.

Woman in the Tent said...

I have enjoyed running across your blog today. I will be back!! Laura