Thursday, January 14, 2010

Peace in the Midst of Piles

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace
      all who trust in you,
      all whose thoughts are fixed on you!


There are piles all over my house.
        Miles of piles that need to be "filed" (so to speak).
             Organized piles, for what it's worth.
                  Piles none-the-less.

These are my "pre-trip" piles.
There are piles of clothes to be packed

Piles of school work to be copied and packed

Piles of medical supplies
                       
Piles of paperwork to be sorted through and organized.
             
Piles of dishes (those have nothing to do with the trip...at least not directly...should I need to pull an excuse together, I am sure there is a loose correlation that would work, however.)

I don't really like piles...disorder in general, but these piles DO serve a purpose and they are DEFINITELY part of our trip.

And so Jesus, I am asking for peace (and clarity and organization...etc.) in the midst of these piles.  I fix my mind on YOU.  You are my Peace!  What is an organized suitcase or home without the Peace that You want to give me on the journey?  It's not about getting there, it's about HOW I get there...and HOW I get my family "there". 

Once again the DESTINATION is NOT the ultimate goal.  In fact, if I get where ever it is I'm going without my peace, my integrity, my character, and my Relationships (with Him and others)  intact, my destination will never be as rich and satisfying as it was intended to be. 

Hmmm.  Peace comes when my  mind is FIXED on Him. Yeah, that's what I want more than anything else: a disciplined mind filled with Jesus, transformed...being transformed as I surrender myself, my day...and my PILES to Him. 

I love ALL of the strategies and keys that He has laced throughout His word to make our journey successful and filled with His joy and peace.  Peace...even in the midst of piles.




0 comments: