Monday, September 8, 2008

The Desires of My Heart....His Promise Fulfilled

My heart is full of gratitude to and love for Jesus. Sometimes the love I feel inside towards him almost overwhelms me. It's not that I haven't experienced difficult times, rather, I have lived with the reality of His presence...His nearness...His love...through both good and hard times, and I have learned that His unfailing love is BETTER than life.

One of the first promises the Lord ever gave me was Psalm 37:4: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." I was 12 years old and just embarking on my journey with Him...and even way back then I knew what I wanted my life to be about: LOVING JESUS WITH EVERYTHING THAT'S IN ME, being a wife and mom, and serving Him in the nations.

...years upon years later, I look around and take inventory of my life. I am rich! And He has been so faithful to that promise He gave me when I was 12. I gave Him my whole heart and to this day I am in love with Him. He is my life, my breath, my strength, my peace, my rock...and He has given me so much more than I ever believed was possible: An amazing husband, my best friend...he releases me and empowers me. He stands with me, fights for me, and he loves me with his whole heart;
four incredible children that are learning to love Jesus, serve Him, and value the things He values. They are strong and flexible and they make my job as their mom such a delight; and then there is this whole, great, awesome place He has made for me to serve Him in the nations...to lift His name up all over the world...to declared His glory and goodness...to touch, to bring His life and love and healing wherever I go; and these are only a few of the many things He has lavished on my life.


I am rich and my heart is filled with love and gratitude towards Jesus, my King, the One Who holds my heart...Who knows my secrets...Who hears my cries...Who keeps His promises...Who has captivated me. He Owns My Heart...and He ALWAYS will!

0 comments: